Our Hamilton client is seeking to add a Revenue Accountant to their team. The incumbent will oversee a commercial office and industrial portfolio situated in Hamilton and the GTA. The ideal candidate must possess 5+ years’ experience in real estate accounting and an ability to interpret lease agreements.
Core hours are 9pm to 5pm, Monday to Friday. There is no option for remote work at this time.
- Process receivables including collection and accurate, timely deposits.
- Completing applications provided by tenants to set up electronic transfer payments.
- Verify and produce invoices based on information provided by various departments.
- Calculate all percent rent, process invoices when applicable and reconcile at year-end.
- Calculate annual CPI escalations as specified in the lease.
- Analysis of monthly receivable trial balance to identify arrears and, after initial collection efforts, liaison with superiors for resolution.
- Written and telephone communication with tenants as necessary.
- Verify, calculate and produce refund payments to tenants as necessary.
- Respond to auditors’ questions and provide documents as requested.
- 4+ years’ experience in real estate accounting a must.
- Working knowledge of Yardi REQUIRED.
- 1+ year of lease admin an asset
- Advanced MS Excel.
- Experience interacting with both internal and external auditors.
- Excellent research, reporting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- CPA an asset but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form below