We’re in search of an experienced Property Accountant. This position oversees a mixed portfolio consisting of office and industrial properties. The incumbent will collaborate with the accounting team and will provide exceptional financial accounting service levels to clients and strategic partners. A CPA designation is not required for this position, however, is considered an asset.
Core hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with occasional overtime. Temporary work from home measures are in place.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the general ledger.
- Interpreting lease agreements.
- Processing taxes and CAM billings, percentage rent monthly, and year-end invoicing.
- Managing automatic funds transfers.
- Monthly bank reconciliations, accruals, revenue, and expenses.
- Bank deposits / make bank deposits.
- Journal entries for the buildings.
- Monthly and year-end financial statements; prepare working papers, schedules and financial statements for individual properties & portfolios; prepare consolidated statements for investors as required; prepare and review tenant occupancy cost statements.
- Capital budgeting; vacancy upgrades; tenant improvement allowances; revenue projections; building operating costs (recoverable & non-recoverable).
To be considered for this role you must possess a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate Accounting, have a diploma or degree in Business, Real Estate or Accounting, and a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Experience with financial reporting is considered an asset. CPA is preferred but not required.
- Team oriented
- Customer oriented
- Proficient with Excel
- Must have Yardi experience
Should this contract transition into a permanent role, the incumbent will be entitled to a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary bonus, education reimbursement, and RRSP matching.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com