We are in search of an experienced Operations Manager (OM) who will oversee a Commercial Office and Industrial portfolio in Edmonton, Alberta. The OM will manage a team of 10+ employees consisting of maintenance and support staff, along with multiple vendor accounts. This incumbent must possess a strong technical background, leadership, and project management skills. Budgeting experience is also required.
If you are an Operations Manager with 8+ years of experience overseeing large office and/or Industrial portfolios, please see the job description below
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Operations & Maintenance Department.
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Prepare and implement the fiscal operating budget, with an emphasis on cost controls and value.
- Ensure all vertical transportation is maintained as per design specifications and that proper maintenance records are being maintained and service contracts are in place.
- Oversee the Environmental Management Program including the Pre-Construction Hazardous Material Assessments, Asbestos Management Plan, Storage Tanks, Indoor Air Quality Assessments, Mould Awareness, Ozone Depleting Substances Reporting, Annual Waste Reporting and Annual Potable Water Testing.
- Facilitate all projects to completion including HVAC, Electrical, Structural, Building Envelope, and any other major repair & maintenance or capex project.
- Oversee service vendor agreements in relation to the overall operations of the site.
- The OM will be responsible for hiring, terminating, updating new employees on corporate employee benefit programs, training, development and employee performance appraisals.
- 8+ years experience in Building Operations is required.
- 5+ years experience in a management/supervisory capacity.
- 5+ experience overseeing commercial and/or industrial facilities.
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate or equivalency is preferred.
- FMA or RPA certification or equivalency.
- PMP designation or proven project management experience.
- Fully competent in all related Health & Safety legislation.
- Previous experience reading blueprints and construction drawings, and maintenance manuals.
- Experience with managing budgets
- LEED GA or AP certification preferred, but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com