Our client is an international hotel chain with operations in across Canada and the United States. They are currently seeking a Line Cook who will play a vital role in ensuring each meal is prepared with the highest quality ingredients and techniques.
This role is located in Parksville, BC. Free living accommodations are available for this opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing all menu items to recipe standards with the highest quality of cooking techniques and products
- Assisting in leading the kitchen team creating a positive work environment and training of Cooks, providing feedback for improvement.
- Ensuring line is ready for service with the correct amount of stock for business levels
- Safely operating all kitchen equipment, ensuring it is cleaned and put away properly
- Preparing and executing buffet and banquet dining
- Adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures, and report any issues to Management immediately
- Assisting with inventory control and inform Management of any low or out of stock items
- Other relevant and related duties as assigned
- 3 years cooking experience
- Post-secondary Diploma in Hospitality or Culinary Arts an asset
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and techniques
- Valid Food safety/sanitation certification
- Ability to follow all sanitation standards according to provincial health regulations
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Physical ability to repeatedly push, pull and lift up to 40lbs as well as stand, bend, twist and stretch for long periods of time
- Qualified applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, possess a valid work or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com or fill the form below