Our Tech client is a Calgary based firm serving clients across North America. As they expand their footprint, they are seeking an entrepreneurial-minded CFO with a minimum of 4 years experience in a leadership capacity. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, dynamic leader, well versed in FP&A, technology optimization, operational planning, and compliance.
For more opportunities, please visit www.kpistaffing.ca/jobs
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the primary interface with financial institutions.
- Delivers complete, accurate, and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Preparing monthly cash flow statements and controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Leads and develops a team of high performing finance professionals, ensuring that accounting related requests are delivered within service level standards and holding the team accountable for process optimizations.
- Prepare special financial modelling by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of the financial data.
- Maintains proper internal controls and enforcement of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Leads compliance and risk management, including the development of commercially sound vendors, marketplace, and employee agreements.
- Leads the company’s tax planning initiatives in consultation with the CEO and external tax advisors, ensuring compliance with all tax obligations.
- Submitting government grant applications: both the forecast spreadsheets as well as the sales pitch sections.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate and adequate for the organization’s operations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- CPA is an asset, but not required.
- 8+ years of accounting experience.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
- Experience with Government grant process, reporting and SR&ED claim filing.
- Familiar with pre-revenue entities, pre-seed and seed funding round raises.
- Previous experience working in a technology company would be highly desirable.
- Balances strong business acumen with deep analytical skills.
- Possesses expertise in financial analysis/management, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Experience in balance sheet strategy, capital management, funds transfer, pricing, cash flow forecasting and working capital management.
- Marketplace dynamics, eCommerce dynamics, as it relates to establishing and building out KPIs would be an asset.
- Knowledgeable about payments, transfers and settlements, and how digital technologies are driving service offering in this space will be advantageous.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com or fill the form below