We are in search of a Building Technician (BT), for a permanent, Full-Time role in Edmonton, Alberta. The BT will oversee a large mixed-use Commercial/Residential portfolio. The incumbent must possess a Class 4 Power Engineering Certificate or equivalent, and prior construction experience. An FMA, RPA, or PMP would be considered an asset.
Core hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, with some on-call coverage.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out the day-to-day execution of operations and maintenance programs to ensure uninterrupted tenant operations and that asset integrity is maintained either directly or via building automation systems.
- Perform corrective maintenance and repairs within the scope of key trade designation.
- Respond to service request. Record data and ensure completed work meets quality and response requirements.
- Implement preventative maintenance programs to ensure that deficiencies are identified and included in the program.
- Receive, track, and report status of maintenance and repair work.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices, and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, and fire protection.
- Perform basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical and appliance repairs in suites and around the site as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of suites during and at month-end for resident move-ins/outs.
- Work with the maintenance and groundskeeping teams to ensure equipment is maintained, tool and parts inventories are monitored.
- Must be available for on-call rotation, and emergency call-out as required.
- Represent the company by enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in building maintenance.
- 4th class Power Engineer Certificate required.
- Previous experience managing projects and coordinating vendors.
- Strong customer service orientation and good communication skills
- Knowledge of national and industry codes regulatory governance and standards such as WHMIS.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
Previous experience working in a mixed-use setting.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org