Hunt Like A Pro
With changes in our economy, what are some ways to stay current with job hunting?
Hunt Like A Pro
Are you on the hunt for a job? A lot of people are nowadays and we want to give you some tips on finding one!
First off head over to our job listings on our website and see if anything would suit your skills! We have a few positions we still need to fill! Also, make sure you check out Instagram daily for any new openings!! https://kpistaffing.ca/jobs/
Okay, now that’s done, on to our tips!
1. UPDATE YOUR RESUME – Update your resume and cover letter. Take the time to really perfect your resume, maybe seek out some help in this department by hiring someone to review and help you tweak it! We also have tons of resume tips sprinkled throughout our Instagram page so be sure to check out our other #tiptuesday posts.
2. OPTIMIZE! – Optimize your job searches. Rather than just using Indeed or Monster, check out Linkedin as well as local recruiting firms like us! Head to their website, give them a call, or drop off a resume in person (if their office is open). Don’t forget to look at social media for current positions by searching #[yourcity]jobs (example #yycjobs) or other relevant hashtags. Also, reach out to people you know that are currently employed and see if their companies are hiring!
3. PREPARE! Prepare for your interview (we know you’ll get one). Look up interview questions and practice talking about yourself. Phrase your answers in a “this is what I can do for you” sort of way. Practice selling yourself and your skills!
4. FOLLOW UP, FOLLOW UP, FOLLOW UP! – I can’t say this enough, you need to express your interest in the position. Send an email after your interview thanking them for their time and reiterating your interest and how you know you would be a great fit. But don’t just leave it in their hands after that. Give them some time to decide of course, but make sure you follow up with a call or email until you have an answer or decision date.
5. MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME! Use your time to expand your skills! If you’re at home or have gone down to part-time work, use this time wisely to expand your skillset. Sign up for a free content writing course, learn more about Word and Excel by watching youtube videos, download audiobooks on how to sell yourself or products. Now is the time!!!
6. DON’T GIVE UP! – Right now might be the hardest time to find a job but don’t give up. There are places still hiring so by giving up, you only take yourself out of the game. Whether you are applying for your dream job or just something to keep you afloat during these times, take the process seriously and do everything you can to get that job!
7. VOLUNTEER –One more point before we let you go to find your next job; If you’re feeling down and out about not being able to find work, try to look for some volunteer work! This will not only keep you engaged, give you something to do but also increase your chances of meeting someone that could be hiring or know someone who is hiring!! Check out https://volunteercalgary.net/ for some local positions or google [your city] volunteer opportunities!